If you are hard-working, honest, and looking for affordable housing, BEWARE of Kingwood Lakes Apartments at 3700 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, Texas. Beware of any Adara Community in this area!
They will suck you into renting an over-priced apartment with appliances from the 1970s, carpets that are never replaced (they cut-up sections and replace them), wooden stairs that are falling apart, black mold in the ventilation system, roaches galore, and if you have indoor pets they WILL get fleas from the nasty people who live there.
Expect trash on top of the car ports, trash in the walkways, outdoor lights that don't work and are never replaced, windows with ripped screens or no screens at all, a parking lot that looks like a bomb hit it (have had several flat tires because of potholes), no parking spaces, maintenance people who will enter your apartment whenever they like (without permission) and steal your valuables. Don't even think about reporting "incidents" to management because THEY DO NOT CARE!!! Neither do the police.
Expect water outages with no notice due to broken water mains, faucets that are so rusted that the water is brown and cloudy, stoves and refrigerators that don't work, have leaks and are missing pieces. Expect to have drug-dealing (or drug-addicted), alcoholic partying neighbors, and people who hang their laundry on their balconies and throw their trash out their windows. Expect overflowing dumpsters to add to the wicked-nasty smell of the waste water treatment facility that is in your backyard.
If you want an issue with the building addressed, you will have to call the City of Houston and file a complaint before anything is done. Management is rude and uncooperative, as well as unorganized and downright idiotic. Don't ever expect a good night's sleep between the shady characters living there and the black mold that coats EVERYTHING in your home.
DEFINITELY expect roaches...LOTS of them...doesn't matter how much you clean...you WILL get them because the entire complex is INFESTED!!! If you want an exterminator to service your apartment, you will have to call on Monday to get them there on Wednesday and you better be one of the first 20 people to call or you're out of luck. Then, you can expect the exterminators to rob your place if you're not home.
All in all, expect a miserable experience. SO GLAD TO BE OUTTA' THERE!!!!!!!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Leave us alone!!!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kingwood Lakes Apartments
- Review category
- Real Estate
You May Also Like
- "Avana Lenox in Atlanta Georgia is ant Infested. I moved in two weeks ago and have been dealing with ants in every room (literally) everyday I asked to be let out..."
- "I notified the landlord from Keller Williams Alex Coates. I explain about the fumes that came from the basement. The odor was so bad after several summer it came through..."
- "To begin with I pay my rent on Friday, August 5, 2016. Why did I received a sheriff letter along with a court paper saying I didn't pay my..."
- "This morning I placed used carpet at our curb to be picked up by Waste Management. The volume of carpet was ~ 18" high, 60" long & 40" in width...."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "**Sept 14 2014 Click4Support called today and said they would not be billing my credit card for the $1200. They offered an additional gift certificate for the "inconvenience"..."
- "I went to get my hair colored the same color of my highlights and by the time she was finished my hair was white, silver, and an off blonde. Yet..."
- " We arrived at the Red Roof Inn Sharonville Ohio we checked in and took showers As We Lay Down we noticed there were two roaches crawling on the wall..."
- "We purchase a home in Warners ny . We asked for the full size bathroom rough in for our basement . Now we have decided to finish our basement and..."