If you are hard-working, honest, and looking for affordable housing, BEWARE of Kingwood Lakes Apartments at 3700 Kingwood Drive, Kingwood, Texas. Beware of any Adara Community in this area!
They will suck you into renting an over-priced apartment with appliances from the 1970s, carpets that are never replaced (they cut-up sections and replace them), wooden stairs that are falling apart, black mold in the ventilation system, roaches galore, and if you have indoor pets they WILL get fleas from the nasty people who live there.
Expect trash on top of the car ports, trash in the walkways, outdoor lights that don't work and are never replaced, windows with ripped screens or no screens at all, a parking lot that looks like a bomb hit it (have had several flat tires because of potholes), no parking spaces, maintenance people who will enter your apartment whenever they like (without permission) and steal your valuables. Don't even think about reporting "incidents" to management because THEY DO NOT CARE!!! Neither do the police.
Expect water outages with no notice due to broken water mains, faucets that are so rusted that the water is brown and cloudy, stoves and refrigerators that don't work, have leaks and are missing pieces. Expect to have drug-dealing (or drug-addicted), alcoholic partying neighbors, and people who hang their laundry on their balconies and throw their trash out their windows. Expect overflowing dumpsters to add to the wicked-nasty smell of the waste water treatment facility that is in your backyard.
If you want an issue with the building addressed, you will have to call the City of Houston and file a complaint before anything is done. Management is rude and uncooperative, as well as unorganized and downright idiotic. Don't ever expect a good night's sleep between the shady characters living there and the black mold that coats EVERYTHING in your home.
DEFINITELY expect roaches...LOTS of them...doesn't matter how much you clean...you WILL get them because the entire complex is INFESTED!!! If you want an exterminator to service your apartment, you will have to call on Monday to get them there on Wednesday and you better be one of the first 20 people to call or you're out of luck. Then, you can expect the exterminators to rob your place if you're not home.
All in all, expect a miserable experience. SO GLAD TO BE OUTTA' THERE!!!!!!!!!
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Leave us alone!!!
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Kingwood Lakes Apartments
- Review category
- Real Estate
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hired by this company Cristian apartment for the period up. Saw the photos on the Flipkey sitewhere it counted apartment in front of the sea with balcony and ocean view..."
- "I Hate This Company With A Passion! No Wonder The Other Review Gave Them A One (1) Star Rating As Well! I have been severely harassed and tormented by Ruben s Jr...."
- "I received my written notice of my lease expiration and pending rent increase when and if I renew my lease in October. My current base rent is $1,454.00..."
- "I signed a contract with Re-Bath 8 months ago and I am still waiting for my project to be completed and the repairs done to the areas they damaged during..."
- "I received a letter from GECU stating that I was "pre-approved" for a credit card. When I call to inquire, I was told that I did not qualify. When I..."
- "A caution to anyone shipping UPS. When you take your packages to a UPS store be sure to stand there and read EVERY LINE of the paper they give you...."
- "Avoid getting a Samsung washing machine. Like many others, the area around the bleach dispenser on our Samsung WA5451ANW washing machine began to show signs of rusting after just..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "This morning I placed used carpet at our curb to be picked up by Waste Management. The volume of carpet was ~ 18" high, 60" long & 40" in width...."